The Road Changed Directions
It appears that I have been assigned to the high risk breast cancer team at Huntsman – the Oncologist I was assigned to, Saundra S. Buys, is the Director of the High Risk Cancer Clinic. This has left all sorts of questions floating around in my brain. I tried calling the nurses this morning. They hadn’t responded to my email request for the hormone receptors on my cancer cells. I left them a message.
This led to the following questions (I just got the phone call with the answers):
- Did my genetic test come back? No
- Is there something about my tumor that I don’t know? It is ER Estrogen positive (90%) PR Progesterone positive (70%)
- Did the biopsy of the lymph node come back with further information? Yes, the cancer is definitely in my lymph nodes. I will have a CT and several lab tests for staging tomorrow. I may start chemo super fast at this point.
- Am I going to have to have chemo before surgery? The answer is most likely yes, pretty much for sure. Most likely my surgery will be canceled. I am not sure what this will mean about my reconstruction options.
- What does this mean about my stage? Let’s not think the unthinkable, but I am not in a super happy zone of easy recover (not that recovery is ever “easy”) I believe the terminology used related to my treatment involved the words “kitchen sink.”
From my understanding of today’s conversation the doctors feel like waiting to start the chemo for another 3-4 weeks it would take to recover from surgery is a risk they aren’t willing to take. This also means they will know how much the chemo had an impact on the originating tumor before they take it out.
I don’t believe I noted that we managed to get a major snag on a black leather recliner that matches our couches off of KSL.com for only $75! It is incredibly comfortable and it fits me and two dogs comfortably (chairs that don’t fit the dogs and I, tend to end up a bit crowded because they decide they are going to sit by me no matter how uncomfortable it is). I have already taken over the “Mandi chair.”
Now for my happy thing this week. Laura, who is on my paid search team and a super awesome employee at work, has been finagled by me to make a quilt/wall hanging out of my wedding dress. She did it with her own dress and I thought it was a great idea! Otherwise the dress just sits in my closet taking up space – and I am fairly certain that it won’t be hand me down material as tastes change significantly. I think everything going on has made me a bit more sentimental and I really think a nice piece of art made out of my dress would be lovely to have on the wall and to someday pass on to family members as an heirloom. I am seriously super excited about this! Laura has an Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/happystitchesbylaura she does super cute baby car seat covers if you are interested.
I will update when I have the energy to do so, or talk Mike into it. Tomorrow is going to be the long day of preparations for the kitchen sink. I wonder if they will be ok if I start throwing lemons at it?
Update:. Canada Flag HEX (Hexagon) Wallpaper in HD at DesktopWallpapers.co.uk – Stunning Wallpaper for your Desktop