I was diagnosed with grade 3 infiltrating ductal carcinoma with high grade in situ on December 30, 2010 (the first test showed grade 2, but after surgery the tumor was noted as grade 3).
The tumor was 2.5 centimeters and I was diagnosed as Stage IIB – T2 N1A M0. The high grade in situ was noted as “extensive” in my lab reports. The tumors (breast and lymph node) were estrogen and progesterone positive and HER2/neu negative.
The breast cancer treatment I was given/chose:
- Skin sparing bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction – 1/28/11
- Chemo – Dose Dense AC Followed by Dose Dense T – Started 2/25/11, completed 6/3/11
- Reconstruction surgery number 1: 6/22/11
- Radiation – 8/8/11 for 6 weeks
- Tomoxifen for 5 years – 9/28/2011, stopped 1 month later due to complications, started again after surgery 1/3/12.
- Reconstruction surgery number 2: December 27, 2011
My blog posts are recorded from the beginning on the Timeline page.